The recipients of insurance services have the right to commence court proceedings to protect their interests. As part of pre-trial dispute resolution, the recipients of insurance services have the right to send a pre-trial claim to the insurance company. The pre-trial dispute resolution procedure may provide for the mandatory approach by the recipient of insurance services to the Financial Ombudsman.
The recipients of insurance services also have the right to apply to the authorities exercising powers for the control and supervision of insurance activities.
Methods and contacts for insurance service recipients to lodge complaints
Thuricum Insurance Company JSC
- Thuricum standard for handling complaints from client and insurance intermediaries
- The procedure for informing the clients about the decision
- Information security recomendations
A recipient of insurance services is entitled to send a complaint to Thuricum Insurance Company JSC by post or by e-mail. Any complaint should include the following information and documents:
- the number of the contract of insurance concluded between the recipient of insurance services and the insurer
- a description of the nature of the complaint and factual circumstances upon which it is based, together with evidence substantiating those circumstances
- the name of the unit, position, surname, first name, patronymic (if any) of the insurer’s employee whose action or inaction is the subject of the complaint, and
- copies of documents evidencing the circumstances set out in the complaint.
- New procedure for resolving consumer disputes with insurance companies – Financial Ombudsman
- Information on right of consumers of financial services to submit complaints to Financial Ombudsman
Central Bank of the Russian Federation (Bank of Russia)
Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing (Rospotrebnadzor)
All-Russian Insurance Association (ARIA)
- Basic standard for operation of insurance organisations
- Basic standard for the protection of the rights and interests of recipients of financial services
Date and time of information update: 08.09.2022 at 09:00